Thursday, February 07, 2008

On the move again!

So we have been out here in NC for a few years now. We have met some awesome people, made some close friends and we lost some friends. We've had our ups and downs with working, PinkKoiFish.com and other ventures. Ultimately we have decided to move back to Texas. It's just so much cheaper. No state income taxes, no vehicle taxes, higher pay, better benefits, it's a lot less conservative, closer to family, etc. The downsides? No real scenery, it's HOT and HUMID, allergies. You don't know humid until you have lived in Texas. From Houston to San Antonio it's super humid. Even 80° can feel miserable. And it gets way hotter than that. Well over 100 in the summer. The winters are bone chilling even though the temperature isn't that low. The humidity just cuts right through you. My allergies go nuts in Texas. It's like Ragweed city. All that being said, I still think it will be worth it. We gave it a shot out here and it didn't work out. I have questioned if we made the right decision when we moved out here. But I'm glad we came out here. It forced me away from an job that didn't really challenge me. The limited availability of jobs out here forced me to do more production work rather than just supervise. Which refreshed my skill set. My wife and I were forced to rely more on each other and I think it ultimately brought us closer. And best of all, we had our daughter. So I would say it was worth it. I have been applying to jobs in TX but haven't had any bites yet. My guess is that I won't really get any interest until I'm physically out there. I'm looking forward to getting there but not looking forward to moving. Packing is never fun. Garage sales are never fun. Selling your house in the middle of a mortgage meltdown is never fun. But hopefully all the stars will align and things will work out.

No comments: